Celebrating your puppy's first Christmas is exciting. However, the holiday season brings potential hazards for your curious pup.
Keep an eye on unattended drinks during holiday celebrations. Dogs may be tempted to sample them, leading to alcohol poisoning.
Table scraps from the Christmas feast can be harmful. Avoid giving your puppy raisins, yeast dough, sugar-free candy, macadamia nuts, and fatty foods.
While poinsettias are not seriously harmful, mistletoe can be. Large ingestions can cause cardiovascular and possibly neurologic signs.
During holiday festivities, ensure your puppy has a quiet, secure place to relax. Consider crate training your pup before the holidays.
Christmas trees pose risks to puppies. Secure ornaments, hide wires, prevent access to tree water, and clean up tree needles regularly.
Inform your guests about proper interaction with your puppy. Ask them not to feed your pet any human food or beverages and to secure their luggage.